One of the best things this year

12.15.2013

...was being able to sing in the Singkronies Chamber Choir. I do not know how I passed the auditions and I completely did this on a whim, but what an amazing experience to be part of it!
The choir was conducted by the amazing Charlotte Botha this year and what makes it so good that it is usually broken up in projects, each lasting 3-4 months - so the commitment is not long-term.
I was lucky enough to be part of two projects.
Let me tell you about Charlotte (the pretty blonde in the top three pictures) - although she is incredibly talented, she works her butt off. Never in my life have I seen such musical brilliance and energy that one person can produce. She inspired us all in many ways. It was also one of the best experiences to be surrounded by talented, young music students. We worked hard but it never felt like it. Wednesday evenings were challenging and unpredictable. The music was not easy but with Charlotte's guidance we managed to sound like something credible.
Charlotte is now conducting at the Drakensberg Boys Choir School.
A few behind-the-scenes moments of the two projects, namely Northern Lights and Baroque Adventures:

No comments:

Post a Comment