Florals. In and around the house. During the Golden Hour.
Dearest baby boy,
We cannot believe that you are already two months old. We love your gummy smiles, your busy legs, your sweet soft demeanour...well, basically everything about you. We are so thankful that you are strong and healthy, and growing like a beanstalk. We are so thankful that you are part of our lives.
This video was created by Peter Lok and is nothing short of amazing. This definitely makes me want to travel to Iceland to experience those breathtaking landscapes. I quote the description of this work:
"There are few things that can beat the experience of having the vastness of the country all around you. It's so easy for us to find our way into empty corners where we can enjoy the solitude and connect with our inner beings."
I am going to start a new series called Details. I want to document things that are normally overlooked - things that are part of our immediate environment and part of everyday life: new leaves, freshly chopped fruit, the stitching on a leather shoe, the way the light falls into a room, tiny hands, sleeping dogs.
Previous post and introduction to the Boeremark here.
A few thoughts to add:
- Go early. Be there before the hipsters even think of waking up, that is between 05:30 and 06:00.
- Ladies, you do not need to wear make-up or do your hair. If you happen to meet Mr Perfect at the market he will love you for the hardcore woman you are and not for what you look like...
- Go after it rained. Wear good old-fashioned gum-boots. Your Hunters will definitely be a muddy mess and they will actually be very uncool in this environment.
- Bring your poochies. They will love it and you will get lots of attention.
- Strap the baby in a carrier - the terrain is quite rough and a pram will not suffice.
- Be friendly. Greet the people. Laugh at their jokes. Taste their produce.
- For more information and directions, click here.
Our beautiful boy is one month old. We are so in love with this tiny human who changed our lives forever. We have good days and interesting days. We are mostly exhausted and sometimes a bit tearful but we wouldn’t have it any other way.
I can stare at this angelic face for hours, still not quite believing that we are the parents of this miracle baby.
I never knew a love like this existed.